Do the standards regulate barking dogs?
- The Sun City Mesquite CC&Rs do
regulate excessive animal noise. If you feel that an animal is barking
excessively, please contact us. Sun CIty Mesquite governance regarding
animal noise is in force to ensure that everyone may enjoy their
property without excessive noise or nuisance.
Do we have a leash rule in the CC&R's?
- The City of Mesquite falls under the jurisdiction of Clark County which
has passed an ordinance that requires animals to be vaccinated and
leashed, etc. The ordinance is enforced through the Clark County Animal
- Additionally, the SCM Covenants require that
animals are leashed when outdoors. If a dog or cat is running loose or
becoming a nuisance in your neighborhood, please notify us. The Sun
City Mesquite Codes, Covenants, and restrictions address certain
aspects of pet ownership, as well. To view and download the CC&R's,
please click here.
What about animal waste rules?
- The Covenants specifically address that all animal waste must be picked up by the animals owner. Common sense and courtesy should dictate such matters.
What about trash can storage and placement?
- Yes, the Covenants say that trash
cans must be stored out of sight of the street and surrounding
properties. Trash cans can be left out at curbside after 6 p.m. the
night before trash pick up and must be stored out of view from the
street and surrounding property by 8 p.m. the day of pick up. If you
wish to store your trash can outdoors, then you must submit an
application for Architectural Review to screen the container from view.
Are there drainage & irrigation requirements during installation of landscaping?
- Sun City Mesquite requires that homeowners ensure that the placement of
any improvement or landscaping does not halt or impede the flow of
water or redirect it or increase the amount of water flowing off of or
onto neighboring land.
I have guests staying with me. I need to park her car on the driveway
for a few days. Is that allowed? Do I need to apply for a pass?
- Yes open storage of a vehicle is permitted if the vehicle is not
disabled. You must fill out the vehicle guest pass form and bring it to
the Pioneer Center so that a staff member may supply you with a Vehicle
Guest Permit Pass. You can access the form by clicking here.
Can I occasionally bring my camper/RV to my home?
- Recreational vehicles cannot be stored on any lot, but they can be brought home for loading and clean-up as long as they are not parked there for more than 48 hours. The Pioneer Center parking lot is available to Sun City Mesquite residents on a space available, temporary basis, as well. Homeowners must fill out a form to acquire a permit to do so. Call the Concierge at 702-346-6006 for information.
The house down the street has many weeds. What can be done?
- Our restrictions require that properties be kept in good order and repair. That includes yard maintenance. If the situation is not temporary and once a deed restriction violation has been established, notices are sent to the owner, and if there is not compliance, the Board of Directors can authorize litigation to cure the violation.